Friday, August 10, 2012

Losing weight

I promised myself once we got settled here in Michigan I would be losing this weight and eating right. Not a diet but a lifestyle change! I have taken most the crap out of our cupboards, but this did not mean I could not over eat. I feel like I just woke up 5 weeks ago and it snapped! I had no clue what that felt like, I have read it in books, and blogs on line, but never experienced this for myself. Well it happened! I am no longer hungry everyday, I am working out and feeling great! 21lbs down. I thought I would share some of my foods and exercise plan. Most people seem to be interested in this. I do not deny myself treats, I will say that I have had small portions of ice cream and I make small cookies so I can eat 3-4 and feel satisfied without breaking my calories.

First step was joining Myfitnesspal.com I track EVERY calorie. Now that I am on week 5 I pretty much just log it all in at the end of the day and I am usually well within my range. I know what to eat and how much of it I can eat.

Second Step: Removing ALL colored sodas, I drink sprite 1x a week as a treat to myself, all other drinks are water and I drink a glass between meals and with every meal.

Third Step: Removing half the carbs your allowed everyday. I make sure at the end of the day I have only eaten 1/2 of what I am supposed to eat, according to Myfitnesspal.com.

Fourth step: Add tons of fruits and veggies!
Okay so these steps I added slowly, not all at once, I just became more conscience of what I was eating and then came the last step! 
Step # 5 EXERCISE, yes I added this LAST! I hate exercising, being a big girl its not fun, boobs flying everywhere, butt jiggling, sweat rolling within 5 minutes, yeah it is not cute! So I got a good sports bra, compression shorts to tuck that jiggle booty, and I started doing Zumba Rush with the kinect 5 days a week! At first I could barely make it through 4 songs week number 5 and I am doing 8 songs! On the weekend I lift hand weights and do  sit ups. 

 This is my routine! I have learned to love it and its just another day. Just to let you know I tried to eat a hamburger the other day and I got very sick because my body was not used to that fat, lesson learned, I can not eat like that anymore! Anyhow I have my own recipe that I tried today and it is very yummy! 
Black Bean and Cheese Quesadillas
2 corn tortillas (Small)
1/4 cup black beans
2 Tblsp cheese
Just put them in a frying pan with nothing spread the beans and the cheese between the two when it gets soft fold it over like a taco! I put a little cholula on mine I like it spicy! They are yummy and filling and you will only cost yourself about 300 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment