Monday, February 4, 2013

The "I cant's"

 Lots of people just flat out do not try. It's very easy to make up excuses! After all I did it for years! I have a thyroid disorder, I can't run, I am to busy, my kids don't allow me to get an hour to myself. Merely excuses that I used to overeat and not get my butt moving for years! Do these things make my lifestyle change more difficult? YES! They are some what true. However if you are serious and you have a thyroid issue go see your Dr.! Tell them I am serious about this and I need your help! Most Dr's will help you with your thyroid and check you regularly making sure you are not Hypo or Hyper so you can maximize your weight loss ability! As for the other excuses it was all about managing my time and there are lots of exercises I can do without running! However after years of the "I cant's" I started to push myself to try to do things I never wanted to do, like lifting weights, and running! So I started the couch to 5K program. I figured this might be a good way to learn how to run. I still hate running, I hate how I feel like I am going to keel over and die and I cough so much I feel like I might cough a lung out but the truth is I am able to run, I am gaining more endurance everyday and I feel good about myself for trying something new! So Last week I started the Couch to 5K and I did that 3 days a week and then Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 2 days.. I lost 3 lbs, and it felt so awesome to lose that weight and know that I earned it, I ate right and kicked butt exercising! So this week I push myself a little further and I am setting a new goal. I am going to not eat after dinner. I normally have a snack and I read that eating late at night causes your belly fat to hang on longer! My biggest issue is this damn belly fat! It's ugly, and although in clothes I am looking good, when I am Naked I don't feel very good about myself. So New nightly routine is Eat dinner, clean up, have a nice cup of tea (not caffeinated) and brush my teeth. I have to change up my whole routine and I have to work hard to get to my goal. So this will probably be a hard habit to break but we will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment