Monday, January 28, 2013

Yum Yum Dumplin's!



I am not a professional photographer, although I do not think my picture is awful it is obviously just a photo! Any way these are my dumplings, I make these every once and a while they are pretty low fat and low calorie but the salt is up there from the soy sauce, but you are more than welcome to use a low salt version. I pack these babies full of veggies and this was my meal! 
Dumpling recipe:
1 Package Goysa won ton wrappers (any wrappers will do)
1/2 a pound of ground chicken/pork
2 cups napa cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1-2 tablespoons chives (depends how much you love them)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
1 tablespoon cornstarch
dash salt and pepper (for taste)
1 Tablespoon oil (I have used olive and vegetable both work fine)
1 cup water
Directions: place napa cabbage in colander sprinkle with salt let sit for about 20 minutes, wring out cabbage and chop, place in a large bowl. Add meat, carrots, chives, soy sauce ginger, sesame oil, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined set aside while you prep. Get a small bowl of water, you will use this around the edges of the wrappers to seal, now time to fill MANY little wrappers! I sort of wing it here just a little scoop full in the middle seal it up and put to the side, repeat! Then heat a large skillet with oil and place your dumplings in for 1 minute and then pour 1 cup water over the top and cover. You want to steam these for about 8-9 minutes but watch them they will be ready when water is evaporated. I usually take the lid off and sort of get them a little crunchy. Now its time for the dipping sauce!

Dipping Sauce:
2 Tablespoon water
4 Tablespoon Soy sauce
1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/8th tsp ginger
a teeny pinch of sugar
Chili paste to taste (I love siracha)
Optional chinese mustard also to taste

My sauce is sort of by taste, you can try it and see if it needs more of something, you can double the recipe, I usually make a huge batch as my kids eat this up!


No comments:

Post a Comment