Friday, November 16, 2012

The Vow

Going to go a little off topic today, I watched The Vow while running on the treadmill the other day :) It was a very sad movie. I thought it was going to be a little bit sad but I thought for sure she would just wake up and remember everything and they would fall back deeply in love. It did not end up like that! It was sad but Channing Tatum is oh so sexy in that movie! So basically I had one point in the movie that sort of REALLY touched me. It was when her mother said this" "I didn't leave your dad for one thing he did wrong, but I stayed with him for all the things he did right" I know most will not agree and that is okay! Basically I have gone my whole life thinking "once a cheater always a cheater" but as I age I become much MUCH wiser and after being married for almost 12 years and been with my husband for over 13 years now and in a military environment I have seen and been through my fair share of things. I know that some people stay, relationships are not perfect and they take so much work. If you have had a fairy tale life GREAT! I am so happy that there are some people who go their whole lives with no hiccups, but we are not one of those couples. I struggle daily with the things I have been through but I do have to say the good out weigh the bad and I am GRATEFUL for where we are today. I have finally just come to the point where I move forward everyday and I enjoy the things each day has to bring. Anywho the movie just really made me think and reflect on things we have been through and where do I want to be in the years to come as my children become teens and then adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment