Thursday, October 11, 2012

Not a diet a Lifestyle change

So I was going to make this into my MI eats everywhere blog, but shortly after I started this I started my lifestyle change! Last week I hit my 40lbs mark. Tomorrow will be week 14. So Daily I am going to come on share my strengths and falls (We all have them) and share my progress! It seems like everywhere I go when I tell people I have lost weight they want to know how I do it! All I can say is I wish I could tell them I sit on my behind and eat chocolate cookies everyday and the weight just melted off! Lets face it everyone wants the miracle diet and there just is not one. I work my behind off everyday, I focus on what goes into my  body and I am always thinking of new ways to make the next day better. I still have 43lbs to go do not get me wrong. I am a big girl, I have a lot of weight to lose but I think I have a lot to offer! Especially since I have a thyroid disorder and it makes life that much harder! The week I step on the scale and I lost nothing it was heart breaking, but you go in and visit your Dr. and learn your numbers are off! I changed my meds and lost 4lbs the next week! All I can say is go in, get a physical and talk with your Dr. What is a good weight loss for you? My Dr. said at my age I can lose 3lbs a week safely! That does not mean I will lose that amount of weight, in fact most weeks its 1-2lbs which is normal, especially for a lifestyle change! This week I added extensive strength training as I looked at myself really well in the mirror and seen some sag in the arms and the belly! GREAT weight loss, boo for saggy skin! Heavy weights, and push ups, sit ups, and leg ups! I have to work all parts of my body. Although after having 2 children one 10lbs and one 11lbs and then a 3rd oddball at 7 lbs sad to say my stomach will never be the same as it was before babies came! But my fat has a story and everyone's does! I do not want to be skinny, I want to be healthy. I love my curves, I am not ugly but too much of anything is never a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment